Day One! Off to a Good Start!

8:26 PM


As always, I really enjoyed meeting everyone today. I hope that I did not scare everyone away from using the web with the digital footprints discussion! My goal was just to reiterate how important it is to be mindful of what you post!

I'm certain that many are overwhelmed, but I hope that as we engage more in the blogs/web2.0 resources that feeling will decrease. I do not expect everyone to feel comfortable right away, it will take some time. Remember it is about evaluating these resources over time. Not being an expert right away!


With that said, I was pleased at how quickly some were able to start using the blogger resource. I also appreciate the good humor and willingness of everyone to try some of these new ideas (such as the text message polls---Crazy stuff!). I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for their web2.0 project. I am going to list a few of my personal favorite web2.0 sites (feel free to use them if you like them):
http://ReadWriteThink (Literacy Projects)
http://del.icio.us/ (Social bookmarking)
http://wiffiti.com (Text Message Brainstorming)
http://www.scribd.com/ (Posting/Sharing documents)
http://blabberize.com (Voice-activated stories)
http://www.communitywalk.com/ (create your own maps)
http://bubbleshare.com (slideshows)

1 comments:

{ Janelle Magyar } at: July 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM said...

Liz, Thanks for all the great resources, I feel like a kid in a toy store trying to decide which aisle to go down first!

Post a Comment